Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Stevie Ray Vaughn's Band? Hell Yes

Now - the weirdest thing just happened. I like the blues, and occasionally, I listen the Blues. And right now, while I was listening to the BLUES (SRV, in fact) I get an email about the Arc Angels. The reason I am making such a stink about this is because these guys used to play with SRV!!! I'm superficial I know, but HOT DAYUMN this is bound to be good. My brain cells just left for the day so I leave to my drooooool....

From the press release:
After much speculation in the fan and music communities, the Arc Angels have announced today an official reunion that will include new music and new touring ventures, along with their first major concert as part of Austin’s South By Southwest Festival on Friday, March 20th at 8pm at Auditorium Shores. The eagerly anticipated reunion features original band members Charlie Sexton, Doyle Bramhall II and Chris Layton performing together again. After more than a decade apart, the band has entered the studio to record new music, is slated to open for Eric Clapton on his Spring UK tour, and will release a Live CD/DVD with a U.S. summer tour to follow. Further album and DVD details will be announced shortly.

I'm going to the show and YOU CAN TOOO!!

No comments: