Monday, January 5, 2009

Happy New Year

Back to work, as they say. I hope everyone had a f*cking great new years and everything lined up for the upcoming disaster.
Having said that, over the past couple of days I had some time on my hands. What did I do with it you ask? I caught up on some classic flicks, is what I did. I was tipped off to one in particular after I was sent the soundtrack. Bottle Rocket is what it's called and it's...well, i will not pass judgment (I also saw, for the first time, bong water, which is a complete mess. But that's another story). The soundtrack is decidedly awesome. Some good ole jazz, if you ask me. Not that you did, but anyway.It even includes material from the guy who did music for the Charlie Brown cartoons. Hmmm, I bet Wes Anderson never identified with Charlie Brown at all. If you ask me (again) though I feel like that's the most depressed toon ever. I am here to spread word about the soundtrack though, so feel free to check it out:

“Skating” by Vince Guaraldi Trio (this is the charlie brown guy, give it a listen)


“Jane-O” by Zoot Sims


Good lord, I may have lost some of my bite. Ouch. Let's all pray for some more things that warrant snide remarks. Who am i kidding, i hear the mail man coming.


No comments: