Thursday, May 28, 2009

International Man of Mystery - At Least He Sounds Like It

Nicole Conte, who I don't think is related to Paolo Conte , is cool - like, in the truest meaning of the word. As you can clearly see from the album cover, he is a little confused as to why the album is called Rituals (just kidding, he probably picked the name). He also looks substantially older than I thought, but who's counting? In any case, I am a sucker for his beats. It's a just correct amount of cheese and awesome. If Nicola is being sarcastic, I can't tell, yet. And I've listened to other records of his too. Who still (seriously) makes music like this? THE ITALIANS, that's who! God bless 'em. I don't even like cocktails, but right now, as this CD is on, I want to be walking along the ocean in the south of France with an ice cold one in my hand and some dark haired Mediterranean beauty on my arm. Shit, one can dream, right? I mean, musically it's not absolutely mind blowing, but given the right circumstances (late at night and/or Sunday morning, preferably involving a cigarette somewhere) this album is a perfect fit. SOMEONE CHILL MY CHAMPAGNE! and I do mean CHAMPAGNE! Not the sparkling white wine you low life's drink! GARCON!!!!!...and put this CD on too. Listen in if you dare. zzzzzzzzzzZZZZzzzzzzZZZZZzzzzzz

Seriously, I have bought like 4 of the last 5 CDs by Italians I came across. Weird.

No comments: