Monday, November 23, 2009

People! People! You're doing it WRONG!

I shall start this off with a plead that encapsulates my main gripe: If your industry is in trouble (looking at you, Music) then don't try to sell the people the same old crap! And in subtext: ...especially under the pretense of raising money for a good cause. Fuck the bullshit, man.

Point in case:















I have been receiving a fairly steady stream of information about Playing For Change. I've mentioned before that that they're doing it for a good cause and all that, but now that they've started a freaking LABEL, the cake has been taken! The newest reiteration is an album by one of the members of PFC, Grandpa Elliott, called Sugar Sweet and out on the Playing For Change Record Label. Double U Tee Eff, don't y'all have some hungry people to feed or something? Stop polluting the air space and (may I add) diluting a once noble idea! Even the last leftist hippie is going to have had enough of this blatant attempt at making money. Even if you do it by promising that the loot will go to help people who need it, I've seen too many Southpark's to believe you! So there, now I've vented my discontent. Now, down to the nitty gritty. Are these releases worth anything?

No.

Well, unless you listen to top 40 radio a lot. And Oldies. Even if Grandpa Elliott's got mad skillz, or charm (I'm placing my bet on the latter) it's lost in an over-produced piece of music that panders to those with loose heartstrings but no musical taste. And I think it's low. Just Saying.

NOT TO SPEAK OF THE CARBON FOOTPRINT THAT WILL MATERIALIZE AFTER EVERYONE REALIZES THIS LATEST PIECE OF JUNK IS A COMPLETE WASTE OF SPACE!

See you all in hell.

signed, the masked, angry blogger.

No comments: